Monday, May 11, 2015

All of a Sudden, I'm a a Mom

You may be thinking, "Hannah, of course you are a mom and you have been for nearly 10 years."

But the truth is, I have been a Mommy for nearly 10 years.  I asked Hunter a few months ago if his friends referred to their moms as "mom" or "mommy."  Whether he pondered that thought or he just decided to shorten it to mom, I will never know.  But, I am now Mom.

I didnt anticipate how quickly the shortening from Mommy to Mom would happen with the middle two.  Ashton and Shepherd now call me Mom at least half of the time.  Often beginning with "Mommy" and then quickly correcting themselves and shortening it to "Mom."  It sounds so grown up coming from the mouth of a 5 year old.

Thankfully, I have little Bennett who will still "MAMAs" me to death and who will surely call me mommy for at least a small time, but the olders have moved onto the grown up form of my name.  The name they will probably call me for the rest of their life.
Mother's Day 2015
Again I say, one day- one day, I will get a great picture of all of us together..but that mean would Shepherd would have to not be goofy and Ashton would have to not be mad... Until then.

This mother's day I was struck with how great a responsibility being a mom really is.  I have been entrusted with 4!  4!  future men.  So many choices in front of them.  So many turns.  So many paths.  No matter their mess ups, their happy days and sad, I want them to know that this mom has their back.

I have to admit, I kind of like this new phase of being MOM.

Boys, I love you all so much.  Thanks for making me a mom/ mommy/ mama.


1 comment:

  1. I did a quick post car pool pole and I'm Mom. Not sure when they transitioned. Seth calls me Mama too. Those boys are blessed to have you to call Mom!

    ReplyDelete