Monday, March 9, 2015

Finally, a Weekend Away

Rec sports have severely cut into our weekend travel time.  From soccer to basketball, Saturdays are spent at the field or the court.  Not that I am complaining as I love sports but having a free Saturday has become quite a luxury.

Now that we are in between seasons, we have had 2 weekends in a row to do our own thing.

Last weekend, I was able to go on a women's retreat with the ladies from our church.  I had to be persuaded to go (no surprise there), but once there, I had a good time.  The speaker was Valerie Shepard (daughter of murdered missionary Jim Elliot).  The weekend was needed and I got to know many of the women at our church.

While I was gone, the boys went down to see Chad's parents on Saturday.  They spent the day playing around.  No pictures since the one with the camera was not there (me).  haha.  But they had a ball.

Chad left this past week to go the Citadel with his coaching staff.  He left Wednesday and got back Sunday.... 

And as much as love my precious boys, I knew that we needed something to do with our weekend so we hit the road again with the kids and dogs.  This time, to my parents house.  We had not been back since Christmas so it was good to go "home."  These are all off my phone so quality is not the goal. : )

A mini Mantis birthday celebration.
Bad Isla managed to get in the bathtub with the boys not once, not twice, but three times.  She is a mess but loves the boys... and water.
 

While Mantis and Queenie took Ashton out for his birthday lunch (just a few months late), Shep, Isla and I ran out to get McDonalds.
Sunday lunch at Esso.  Mantis, Queenie, and the boys
And to prove my existence.


Moses was flat worn out from his weekend... heck, I was tired, I fell asleep in the den before 9:30.

 
 Thanks for the fun weekend guys!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. We so needed your visit - likely just as much as you needed a break. You all breathe life (and dirt and noise and chaos) all into our house....and we LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete