Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Birthday and Great Wolf

For Christmas, my parent's big gift to the boys was an overnight trip to Great Wolf Lodge.  They would also come up to watch our dogs for us. We planned our trip for February.  However, the "big"snow storm and a run in with the stomach bug caused us to have to reschedule the trip.  The weekend that worked best for everyone just so happened to fall on my birthday.

So, mom and dad with their dogs in tow, came up on Saturday.  Though we did not go to GWL until Monday night, they came up early so they could celebrate my birthday too.... we love birthdays in my family.

Sunday, Hunter woke up feeling sick and proceeded to throw up 6 times throughout the day.  We were not sure if he was going to be up for the trip.  Though not feeling 100%, the throwing up had stopped over 12 hours before we left, so thankfully, he was able to go.

Since we had never done GWL before, we decided to leave Bennett with my parents while we were gone.  He got totally spoiled and got to play only child/ grandchild for a day and night.  This allowed for Chad and I to focus on the bigger boys and not be quite as worried about uh, toddler drowning....

Here is a recap, in pics, of GWL.
It appears Shep is flipping me off, lets assume it was an innocent mistake.

Hunter and Ashton coming down the mat racers.  If you see Chad, get him to tell the absolutely hilarious story of him doing this ride.  It is a fantastic story!!!

The boys and I riding one of the big rides.

They convinced Chad, even after his earlier disaster, to ride with them.

Obviously, they loved it!

Shepherd playing in the 5 and under area.  Still my little boy

Love this picture besides the obvious fact that Beez is missing.  So missed that little boy.



My birthday dinner at Cracker Barrel.

Bed time.... we had to wake him up to bring him to bed, he was EXHAUSTED!

watching tv in their mini room

Sheppy loved his bed, he actually slept until almost 8, which is amazing in our house of early risers.

A little arcade action

What is it about boys and arcades?


On top of the fun GWL, we also had dinner at GrandmaDeans, got to scavenge through my great aunt's house (she just sold her home and is now living with her daughter.)  Though must stuff was gone, it was still amazing to go through the stuff that was left... it really does tell the story of a life.... bittersweet.  We also picked Riggs up from my brother's house.  He is going to get to stay with us for a couple weeks while Nolan is out of the country.

So, the past couple days have been packed.... Many thanks to mom and dad for the 1- the GWL gift, 2- keeping Bennett and the dogs.  3- cleaning my house and my yard. 4- fixing my sink, replacing my burnt out exterior lights. 5- my wonderful bday present.  The list could go on and on.
My new bag from my parents... it was also filled with some money and clothes! :)

I had a great birthday and appreciate all the sweet texts, messages, and gifts from friends and family. From CFA gift card to Starbucks gift card to money, pajamas, and a new bag... you guys know how to make a girl feel quite loved... Thank You!


2 comments:

  1. Quite a busy long weekend we had! Enjoyed being able to spend 1-1 time with Bennett...he's such a sweet kid.
    And for anyone reading this....promise me you'll have Chad tell his story. Laughed so hard I cried!

    ReplyDelete