Sunday, February 15, 2015

Our Vday Boy

Mr Moses, my sweet puppy, turned 1 yesterday along with his sister, Isla Maria. 



"It's my birthday"

Happy Birthday to Moses and his sister Isla. 
 
 
 We were lucky enough to get to rescue Mr. Moses in June when he was 4 months old and this dog is awesome (Chad may argue that point- haha).  He has been such a great fit into our family.  I laugh daily at his antics.



June 2014
Before- About 45 lbs
 
Feb 2015

After- Almost 80 lbs and so long and lanky

But for all his awesomeness, he has also been quite destructive with his puppiness especially recently.  Just in our backyard, he has torn up the trellises in the garden, torn up both of the nets in the soccer goal, put a hole in the hammock, tore a huge hole in the net of the trampoline, torn the seat of the zip line 3 times, torn up multiple buckets.  Thankfully, must of his major destruction has been kept outside.  He has chewed up some toys and a couple shoes but for the most part he is really well behaved inside. 

Outtake of group shot on his bday. 

Some sort of order by the 5th picture.  Molly looks horrified by this whole process

I love watching him sleep at night.  He gets on the couch and lays on his back with his paws outstretched showing his whole belly and other parts.  He is riot and not modest.  When I go to bed, he goes to bed and sleeps right beside me on his dog bed.  If Molly happens to be on the dog bed beside, then I have to get him an old comforter to sleep on.  I have another momma's boy.
Example of his sleeping habits.  This was taken months ago but he still sleeps like this.  And notice, that I did NOT break him of his furniture sleeping habits.  FAIL!
He is truly a love especially with me.  He chases and the wrestles the older 3 boys all the time.  He loves fetch and chase.  Even though he gets rough with Chad and the older 3 boys, he is so good with Bennett.  Bennett can sit on him, "spank" him, pull on him and Moses just lays there or if Bennett is really mad at him, Moses will run away.  Bennett disciplines Moses often with a slap to his butt and a
"no Doe Doe." 


He eats like a horse, loves a car ride, is protective of his house alerting me with a growl or big bark (though I think he would run at the first sign of conflict, but who knows), loves the furniture, loves the dishwasher, loves Molly and loves his "toys."
Playing tug of war with Shep



I think Molly secretly likes Moses though she acts indifferent.  When it is just the dogs outside, I will see her playing with him but she goes into bitchy mode when we are out there.  haha.  Moses is totally immune to her attitude with him refusing to believe that she doesn't like him.
Waiting for their treats.
Moses is a happy, bright spot in our house and we love him a ridiculous amount.

JOY- Enjoying his new birthday toy.  It was in shreds within an hour.

Happy Birthday Moses!

***** how odd is it that I can write just as much about my dog as I do my kids on their birthdays.  I blame my parents.

Oh and Happy Valentines Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Isla wishes Mo a Happy 1st! We celebrated by buying her another squeaker that serves as our alarm clock in the morning! Those hound puppies have turned out to be fun-loving dogs.....thanks Fox Nest Veternairy Hospital for taking care of them until homes were found for all 11!

    ReplyDelete