Monday, September 1, 2014

The End of Summer

Though we technically have a few weeks left of "summer", it feels like summer has come and gone.

As the boys and I were outside the other day, I realized that I had not even posted an update on my garden. 

In the picture below, the beans are on the left, the open space beside them was squash (already pulled it up), and then directly behind me is okra (with tomatoes and herbs behind it), to the right is the biggest watermelon plant ever!!!

 I am so happy with the garden this year.  The only failure was the beans.  And though it was a beautiful plant, I did not get one bean from it.  Thankfully GrandmaDean and PapaHub got plenty so we got fresh beans  multiple times.

The okra plant and watermelon were the best.  I have probably 10-12 bags of okra frozen (some of that came from Hub's yard) and I am still getting cuttings from the okra though it is finally slowing down.  I have probably 15 watermelon still on the vine- no way we will eat all of them.
Munching on some melon

 

The watermelon plant--- only one plant--- it goes all the way to the blue chair

Even Moses is getting in on the eating action

Speaking of Moses--- such a handsome boy

And happy. Run Moses Run

Bennett and his dogs.  He loves these animals and they love him.

Getting some Molly love
So, now it is time for soccer and football.  The older 3 boys are playing soccer.  they are all in different age brackets... U10, U8, U6.  So scheduling is a bit more complicated.  I am also coaching the U6 team... my arm was twisted to do it.  haha... U6 is a different creature.  I am co-coaching with a friend though and I think it will be fun. 

It was a good summer... but bring on the fall.

3 comments:

  1. Can't tell you enough how you bless me! Thanks for being generous and unselfish....praying ole Nolan falls in love with someone like you!
    And your kids and dogs are just so cute together! Isla needs to see "her boys!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, thanks. Though I must admit it is a bit creepy thinking of Nolan falling in love with someone like me... are you pulling one of your sister's tricks with a bottle of wine? haha
      Love you mom! :)

      Delete
  2. No, I don't handle that kind of juice as well as she does....I stick with Good Belly!

    ReplyDelete