Monday, August 25, 2014

Football and Some Birthdays

 
Friday was the official kick off to this football season and we.... lost. :(  It turned out to be a comedy of errors but the highpoint was I got to meet up with Matt, Olivia and their boys as they  live close to the team we played.

In birthday news, little Ms Esme' turned 1 on Friday!  I can not even believe she is already 1!  She had her party on Saturday and I am so glad the boys and I were able to make the trip to A-ville.  Unfortunately, it meant abandoning Chad on his birthday but after the loss on Friday, I think he was kind of glad to be on his own.

Esme's Birthday

First.... the birthday girl.


Miss Esme'



I cropped Owen and Caelum out of picture, they were looking kind of wild. hahaha... boys

Esme with Queenie

Anna'a mom and Ess

Let her eat cake.



The decorations
I was so proud of my sis in law as she used pinterest to decorate.  Look what she did.  Too cute, right? 


so much pink :)
This is not decoration but could be... GrandmaDean makes a baby quilt for each great grandchild.  Normally, the baby receives the quilt in their first couple months of life but with GrandmaDean having 3 great grandbaby's born last year and Es being the last, hers was a first birthday gift.  I love this quilt so many personal little touches.  For example, the little girl is holding a book about Clemson (where her parents met).  The father/ daughter in the top square.... good job GrandmaDean.
The guests
Uncle Nolan trying out the zipline.

Nolan after ziplining. :)  such a cute little boy

Queenie getting an earful from Owen
Mantis and B




GrandmaDean getting some Bennett luvin'
Some sweet shots of Bennett... totally enjoying the cake...

Love this pic!  :)

And what I am going to start calling my "proof picture."  In other words, the one picture that I have of myself proving that I was indeed at the event. 

 
Chad's Birthday
Thanks to Chad's parents- actually his mom who let the cat out of the bag about his big bday gift- we did his birthday last Saturday.  Just teasing Patsy (though she really did let it slip about his gift).

His new cell phone... since we moved here (over a year ago), Chad's phone has not worked in our house.  DRIVES ME CRAZY!  So, a new phone was long overdue.



 
A busy weekend but so nice to see friends and family.  Happy Birthday Chad!  We love you and are so proud of you (even when you lose) ;)  haha.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the picture of Esme and me - think I'll frame this one - would you make me a ocpy?
    As always thanks so much for recording the events in pictures and words....the best gift of all!

    ReplyDelete