Wednesday, August 13, 2014

An Asheville Run

All summer I have been telling the boys that we would go up to see their cousins (my brother's family) in Asheville. 

And all of sudden, summer is about over and we still wanted/ needed to go visit the Asheville crew.

Last Friday, the boys and I took the 2 hour drive and stayed with Zach and his family until Saturday.

The boys had a blast and I really enjoyed time with Anna and Zach.  Their house looks great and they have done some MAJOR work in their yard/ deck... ie, zipline and tree fort.  Obviously, a little boys paradise.

I didn't take many pictures but here are the ones I did manage to snap.  My camera was not on auto focus thus the blurry pics... I apologize.

Here is the zipline... each boy had their own method.
Caelum, though only 3, hopped right on but made sure someone was their to slow him down.
Shep did it the same way at first and then decided he could collide with the tree to stop.

Hunter flew down on the thing and would slam his feet into the tree to stop.

Ashton attempted a couple methods before finally settling on just jumping off right before colliding with the tree.

And Owen... dear, cautious Owen.  We does not even use the seat but quickly walks (you might call it a jog) down while holding onto the handlebars.

And another example.... hahaha... too funny

The babes enjoyed some swinging action
Esme'... notice Ashton about to dismount off the back

Bennett trying out the tree fort. 

 

All the boys.
 I just need to give my Esme' some props... this girl can EAT!  I am not talking about eating good for a baby, but EAT good for an adult.  After she had a banana, a cheese stick, tons of grapes, chicken, rice, carrots, and other stuff for dinner, she then proceeded to get on the floor and clean up the rice and chicken that the boys dropped from dinner.  The next morning she ate...3, yes 3 pancakes (I ate 1 1/2). 
Happy as a pig in mud while on clean up duty.

Thanks for having us guys!  Drop in on us anytime.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah- I love your new layout! It looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so my daughter. Owen is so Zach's son.

    Glad you guys came to visit! Thanks for making the trek out here and see you again really soon.

    ReplyDelete