Monday, March 24, 2014

When You Are Coverd in It...

We have all had them... a string of days that are just laden with sickness.

Well, we had our string of days... where, in short, we were covered in crap.... and vomit.

Let's back up to Thursday when on our way home from school I hear the dreaded noise of throw up.  Turn around and Shepherd has soaked his clothes, his carseat, and the car mats.  Get him home, clean him up, and he falls asleep.

We had plans to meet up with friends at the zoo on Friday.  By Friday morning, he was back to normal so I let Jodi know and I yanked the boys out of school at 10 for a half day hookie day. 

Here are just a few pics from our fun day with our buddies.
What a group!  :)

4 of the 6... this was the first time Bennett really enjoyed the animals... and Karson was all in mommy  mode (look at the hip stuck out!)

Bennett enjoying himself and Karson ride there with him

I chuckled over this picture... Hunter and Karson look so grown up here.
No one got sick, everything was great... or so we thought. (Jodi, I sooo hope we did not give this to you guys!)

4 am Saturday morning- Hunter goes down.... throw up and diarrhea.  This continues all day.  His final count was 14 times throwing up with the last time being at 11 pm Saturday.  Chad was gone to a strength meet and gets sick with the same symptoms as Hunter.  He gets home Saturday afternoon and crashes with Hunter.  Bennett throws up once around dinner time on Saturday... and like Shepherd, he is one and done.

About 8 pm Saturday our septic tank starts acting up... again.  I don't think I have mentioned it but we have had some major issues with the drain field/ tank in this house. Like, it has been pumped 4 times since the beginning of December.  Basically, it just continues to fill up with water from the ground.  It is quite a mess.  Thankfully, the sickness was basically over by the time we could no longer flush toilets, do laundry, give baths, etc.  We got it pumped again this morning and finally have someone coming out to add additional drain fields or a pit to the system.

Can you even imagine how absolutely horrid it would have been if the septic tank would have messed up even 6 hours earlier.  I cant even think about it!

Bless Chad's heart, he thought he could give us a bit more time on the tank by getting a bucket and hauling poop/ pee water from the overflowing septic tank to the ditch.  He spent about 2 hours (remember he was still getting over the stomach bug from the day before) hauling.  Just a side note, I told him what he was doing was not working an hour and a half earlier.

But, here we are.  All healthy... hopefully.  Ashton and I escaped it... hopefully.  We can flush our toilets... thankfully!  I did 4 loads of laundry, two loads in the dishwasher and scrubbed toilets and showers. 

Morale to the story.... thank God when you flush... that you can flush!

EDIT:  Spoke too soon.  At this point, I have it too (so far not as bad as Hunt and Chad). Again, I will say... thank God for flushing toilets! :-/

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Mom can't go down! Praying for you all. Bleach. Diluted to the back of the bottle, go with it. Only thing that finally washed it completely out of my house! Again, I'm lifting you in prayer. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm calling Hannah out - she just said she was half way enjoying shutting herself up in ber bedroom acting like a "father!" Girl, you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was gonna puke reading about buckets of poo and pee water. :)

    ReplyDelete