Sunday, March 2, 2014

I Never Thought I Would.

Almost 7 years ago- when I was pregnant with Ashton- I joined an online group for other ladies who were due in October 2007.  It was just a casual place to post questions or have little discussions about pregnancy. I clicked with a handful of the women on the board.  Though we all quit posting on the site years ago, we do have a group on facebook where we all keep in touch. 

Oddly enough, about 5 years ago, one of the girls from the November 2007 board recognized me... we went to middle school together.  She then informed me that one of the girls on my board went to the same Christian school and was 3 years older than me. SMALL WORLD!  I dug in my yearbooks and sure enough I totally recognized her (Jill).

Because of that connection, I was able to connect with a bunch of people I went to middle school with... which is pretty cool when you are military brat and moved around every few years. 

Long story short... I had the privilege to meet up with 3 of these women on Saturday. 

I hopped in the car and drove 3 hours for a long overdue lunch date.   It is still crazy to me that i have "known" these girls for almost 7 years!  


L to R- Nicole, Charlotte (Jills baby), Jill (this is the one I went to school with), me, and Michelle. 




Chad took the boys down to his parents for the day where they celebrated Grandma's birthday and tried out the new swing that PapaHub put in over the creek.

You can tell by Bennett's face that he is ready for the ice cream cake.
Taking turns on the creek swing.
It was fun and I am so glad we were able to do it.  It felt natural and the conversation was easy.

I thought all this driving meant I deserved to have my own... like NO sharing with kids.... cookies and cream milkshake from CFA!  Can you say yum?  I also thought, I needed to do my first selfie of only me.  haha
Besides the meet up, it was nice to half 6 hours of just me, the road, and the radio.  Another perk was I got to drop in on my Aunt who lives 20 minutes from the place we ate lunch and then dropped in on Nolan and Riggs on my way back home.

So though I never thought I would meet up with what Chad calls my "online friends" or my "pretend" friends, I am so glad that I did.  I feel like a real blogger now that I checked off "meet up with online people" from my checklist!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! How fun, glad y'all you had a good getaway day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to be your pretend friend :)

    ReplyDelete