Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Land of the Living

What a week and a half!

Timeline---

Satarday Dec 8-  Ashton starts running a low grade fever... both he and Shepherd had been coughing a ton.  So much, in fact, that I pulled out Bennett's humidifier and put it in their room.  Ashton didnt feel great on Sunday either but his fever was gone.

Monday, Dec 10- After dinner, Hunter said his stomach was hurting and he had a headache and bachache.  We went to basketball practice and he lasted maybe 15 minutes before he said he didnt feel good... we left

Tuesday Dec 11- Hunter started running a small fever and was achy.  uh-oh... flu.  Took to doc and he tested positive for flu.

Wedesdnay, Dec 12-  Stayed the night at mom and dads to dog sit while they went to Asheville. Also had to pick Ashton up from school early b/c he wasnt feeling good.  Chad started feeling achy with headache- he continued to work to further contaminate the population.

Thursday, Dec 13- I woke up with a horrible sore throat... by the afternoon, it had turned into chills, low grade fever, and aches. 

Friday, Dec 14- Poor Hunter's birthday.  Though he and Asthon were back to normal besides being a bit tired, I was not good.  Shep seems to be ok though still coughing like crazy.

Saturday, Dec 15-  Both boys had basketball games and I think we are all on the mend... tired but feeling better.  By the evening, I feel like garbage yet again and Shepherd starts running the infamous low grade fever.

Sunday, Dec 16-  Shep and I stay home from chuch.  Shep starts saying his right ear hurts and upon further inspection it is gucky and nasty.

Monday, Dec 17-  I still feel gross. Shep and I are both fever free.  Hunter and Ashton are perfect and Ashton is getting tired of being contained in the house  which is not good for anyone.

Tuesday, Dec 18-   I diagnose myself with a sinus infection and go to Minute Clinic and it is confirmed... start antibiotic.  Take Shep to pediatrician and he has a nasty ear infection in his right ear and he starts antiobiotic with drops. 

Wedesdnay, Dec 19-  Starting to feel a bit better.  Totally exhausted from not sleeping good. 

Thursday, Dec 20-  Actually wake up semi-rested and feel pretty good.  Hunter and Ashton are only coughing occassionally.  Chad seems to be better, just tired (probably from trying to take care of the house and boy while I have been down), and Shep and I are still coughing but definitely on the road to recovery.

Basically, Hunter's bday got totally overshadowed.  But he was so sweet about it.  I am so thankful that we got this past us before Christmas and hopefully before Bennett comes.  As Chad said today, "I have never known you to be that sick where I had to do so much before."  And it is true, I normally dont get sick... this is the first time i have had the flu and/ or a sinus infection.  Bennett seems to be totally unphased by the drugs, coughing, snotting, and lack of appetite.  For the first time in any of my pregnancies, I have lost weight- not a ton, so dont worry.   

I do need to offer a shout out to Chad.  Though, he too, did not feel well. He got home early from work and picked up where I had to leave off.  Also, thanks to my mom and dad who took Hunter and Ashton off my hands Saturday night to Sunday morning so I just had to operate with one child.  Also, to Hub and Patsy who brought us dinner from CFA Wednesday night and some leftovers that we ate off of tonight.  I felt so blessed by our family. 

I know many of you have been praying for us and I am so appreciatve.  But, I think we are back and so ready to celebrate the birth of our Jesus. I have been reminded that our family's sickness pales in comparision to so many things going in our country... in our world.  I am so thankful for my little germ bags.

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl. What a week and a half. I'm glad you are all on the mend. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete