Friday, December 14, 2012

7!!!

HUNTER!
Hard to believe that you are 7, though I cant even remember not being your mom.
Taken about a month ago... I normally try to get a good shot on your birthday but your little nose is red and I didnt have the energy, so this will do!  So handsome!
I hate that your birthday week has been so crummy.  Testing positive for the flu on Tuesday really put a damper on our eventful birthday week.  As soon as we are all back to normal, we are going to do Hollywild and The Children's Museum.
Birthday brownies.
Blowing out the candles with brothers and germs in attendance.  Yum, dont you want some germy brownies?

Hunter, you are seriously a joy to be around.  You are kind and happy- easy to please.  You are one of my best friends and I hope that our relationship will always be close.

You make the perfect big brother.  Since I wasn't feeling good yesterday, you took over the house and took care of your brothers while I took a nap.  I didnt have to ask, you just did. This is just one of countless examples.  Now, dont get me wrong... You and Ashton can have some knock down drag outs but you are quite patient with both of your brothers  normally.  You and Shepherd's fights are much shorter and less aggressive and rare but they happen occasionally too.  But, overall, you are a great help to me especially over this past year.  You will offer to help me (if one of your tv shows is not on or you are not immersed in a book) if I am doing something.  I am sure you will be a great help to me once Bennett comes.

Your love of books has continued.  You are reading chapter books... with me looking on.
An example of the book, Shark Attack, that you just finished reading to me for homeschool.
You go outside and sit and just flip through books.  For your birthday, you got 2 LarryBoy chapter books, a flip book of all the superheros and villians, a XMen DVD, and an electric scooter.  I honestly think you were most excited about the LarryBoy books that nearly completed the collection.  You have already watched part of the DVD and flipped through the super hero book... you have not done the scooter yet.  haha.... I would say it is because you are still a bit under the weather (which you are) but we both know where you love lies.  You are also still quite the Bible scholar.  You correct both me and daddy if we tell a Bible story differently then what your Bible says.  Your Sunday School teachers say you always have the answers. 
LarryBoy books
  

The scooter
Happy boy... X-Men movie

Homeschooling you this year has already been one of my highlights as a mom.  I have loved watching you grow and learn at such a fast pace.  I need to post about homeschooling as you have taken off!

You are growing out of the pouting stage... for awhile there you would pout, pout, pout.  In the past couple months though, the pouting is really starting to diminish and I love it!

You dance, unfortunately, like your mom and dad.  Yes, we have rhythm, but we dont quite know what to do with it.  Hopefully, you will never let that stop you from dancing.  I always had too much pride but I hope that you will just let it loose.

I love watching the Lord already move in you at such a young age.  I have no doubt that He is growing you to do great things for him.

You and me when you were 4 months old.  Unfortunately, I couldnt find a recent picture of us together.  We need to fix that once we are feeling better.... looking less sick (and in my case, less pregnant) :)
You have always been a momma's boy.  Since the day you came home from the hospital, I have been your pick... and that hasnt changed... and I must admit that I love it.

So far, you have been an easy child to raise.  I pray that God would keep you on His path for your life... that you will stay on the narrow path and that those around you would build you up as I hope you build others up.

Though this birthday has not been perfect, you are ok with that. I hope you always know how special you are to us and this family.

Thank you for loving me like you do. 

I love you so much kid,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. This kid is a jewel...I appreciate his compassion towards animals. He loves to spend time with Uncle and Mantis (and maybe that Zach is closer, that will be another family member), by just hangin' with them...Ashton wants to compete, but Hunter wants to form relationships with the guys...he really has a heart for His Lord and will set such a great example for the younger boys in the family. Happy 7th Birthday, Hunter....Queenie loves you so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I may have to go in and edit a section about his love of animals. You are right. He can go on and on about 3 things... the Bible, animals, and Superheros.

      Delete