Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last week of Summer

... enjoying my helpers (aka mom and dad) this summer. I love living so close to my parents. They are able to see the boys often and help me keep my sanity as Chad is really having to put in some llllloooonnnngggg hours!

Part 1
Last week was Mantis' (my dad for those who dont know) last week off before he heads back to work. We invited Mantis to go to a little waterpark with us. Mom had to already go back so couldnt join us. It was perfect for my age kids and I definitely could not have done it without another adult.

Mantis and Shep

Hunter and Ashton about to shoot Mantis


Hunter getting soaked by a bucket of water

Me and the boys (it looks like I am naked, but I swear I am NOT)


Hunter did the big tube slide with Mantis and then with me a few times. I cant tell you how long it has been since I have been on a water ride. I felt so kid-like again.

The blue slide in the background is the one we did together.


True to form, Ashton did not really warm up to the water until we about to go.

Shepherd splashed like a fool and got a little pink on his shoulders... oops! He tans the best of all the kiddos though.

Part 2
The next day, daddy had a few hours free in the morning and met us at Chuck E Cheeses because according to Ashton... "we had not been there in a very long time." Didnt get good pictures, but you get the idea. Ashton had more fun then the picture shows.



Part 3
Mom continues to be my sanity when I am about to pull my hair out. While we were at the beach, mom came over to my house and spring cleaned it. She also enlisted the help of dad and Nolan to help. I imagine that together they put in close to 24 hours of work just cleaning up! I came home to perfectly cleaned kitchen appliances (thanks Nolan)... scrubbed floors, baseboards, toilets, sinks, furniture, fans, etc, etc (thanks mom), and my growing list of things that need to be fixed was magically repaired (thanks dad). You guys rock!!!!


This was truly a great summer! Now as football season kicks it into high gear and all my helpers head back to work... I feel refreshed and ready to conquer another year. Thank guys!



2 comments:

  1. Geez Hannah, you make us sound wonderfully nice (which you know that not to be true!)...Mantis and I consider it a blessing and an answer to prayer to be a part of your lives. We love making your life just a little bit easier - you've got a lot on your plate and you make me proud, kid!
    Now, if we could just get Anna and Zach closer (I know you read these, Anna!)....we'd be ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, oh man this makes me want to move closer. Whatever, I love scrubbing my kitchen appliances. I'd rather do it by myself. And who needs extra help as we have more kids?

    But hey, we bought our tickets yesterday! So excited to see you Hannah, and get to see everyone else again.

    ReplyDelete