Monday, July 19, 2010

8 months old

... trying to save money by taking Shep's 8 month baby pics. In the past, I have taken my kids for pictures at 4, 8, and 12 months so as Shepherd hit the big 8 months yesterday, it was time. However, this time, we are living on a pretty tight budget plus I felt semi-confident that I could take something I would like.

Here they are...



The last two are the same picture, just different edits. Is the bottom one too bright? Yes, I am talking/ typing to myself, but that is what happens to you when you spend all day with a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old :)

Honestly, I think they look pretty good. My concern is that they will not match Hunter and Ashton's pictures since we had theirs professionally taken.

Leave feedback or recommendations especially if something looks off (ie, too bright, blurry, color off.) I am quite the newbie when it comes to editing.

6 comments:

  1. i think somewhere in between would be perfect...great shots though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute, and he is definitely related to Hunter and Ashton! They are all such handsome little men! You did a great job, Hannah. I love all of them. I agree that the first one you asked about looks a little too dark and the second a little too bright, I agree with Olivia that somewhere in between would be a homerun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what editing software are you using? joe and I are also trying to do a lot of our portraits for the first time with Owen, so we are on the same path as you are! we have photoshop elements and i really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, right now I am piddling with GIMP 2.6. I want to get either PS Elements or maybe LightRoom but dont want to spend the money. My brother suggested Gimp until I decide what I want. Basically, it is open source software and supposedly has many of the same features as Elements however, having never used Elements I cant personally say if that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the last one is my favorite. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little boy! He is growing up so quickly. And I love his fluffy hair. It looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete