Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shepherd' Eating Update

That's my boy... licking cookie dough off of a spoon (don't judge me, yes, I let my 6 month old lick cookie dough)... I seriously ate 12 cookies yesterday.... again, no judgment please.


... trying different types of things with Shepherd lately.

As of now, he will kind of eat some baby food... like, me semi-force a couple baby spoon fulls into his mouth without much opposition.

The thing is, he wants table food. He really seems to love it but can not figure out what to do with the pieces that come off.

I have always wondered if breastmilk really tastes like what I eat. I guess I have always been a bit skeptical, but Shepherd loves Chick fil A chicken nuggets, he loves watermelon, and he loves ice cream. Um, those are like my 3 favorite foods. We went to CFA on Monday to sample the new spicy chicken (it was very good by the way) and I was just going to let Shep lick the nugget thinking he would have no idea what to do with it. He seriously grabbed my arm and my hand and crammed the nugget into his mouth and sucked and sucked and sucked. I think he sucked 1/3 of a nugget. We then split some ice cream to which he actually opens his mouth.

He had his first taste of watermelon last week. The picture does not show that he liked it as he had a piece in his mouth and is unsure what to do with it.
Fishing his watermelon out of his bib.

So, I guess we are making progress. He is taking 5 or 6 bottles a day of about 7-8 oz, so he needs to thankful that I am a cow. He still has never had formula and I, thankfully, have been able to keep up with his demand. I am still hoping that in the next couple months I can combine my middle two pumping times, however that means he is going to have to start eating a bit better.

Oh, we actually had 3 mini meals yesterday.
Breakfast was gnawing on a piece of cinnamon toast (he didnt swallow much) and a bite of watermelon.
Lunch was two teaspoons of banana baby food.
Dinner was sucking on a fried potato and a teaspoon full of squash baby food.
Just by doing this, I was able to spread his bottles from every 3 hours to every 3 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment