Friday, June 4, 2010

Ashton kicks the potty's butt (haha)


... sooo proud of Ashton. I felt kind of clueless on how to do this potty training thing. Hunter's training was started at daycare and he was able to watch other kids and learn the ropes. I guess Ashton was kind of able to do the same thing and sometimes I feel like I am running a daycare, but he has done awesome with potty training.

I did get a bit frustrated with him at first because I would sit him on the potty and he would start talking to me about this and that. He was totally not concentrating on the task and honestly, I don't have 15 minutes to sit with him until he decides to stop talking. So, I started sitting him on the potty and leaving. This worked perfectly... in a matter of seconds he was peeing. At this point, I can be in there with him and he has figured it out.

He went diaperless/ underwearless/ pantless pretty much for a 4 days and that is basically all it took. Yes, he pooped twice in the floor (sorry mom), but he quickly got the point that poop is better in the potty and is quite impressed with himself over every pee and poo.

He has officially been accident- free (including nights) for a week now.

So, I am proud to announce...

ASHTON IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!

3 comments: