Thursday, January 25, 2018

The B is 5!

I refuse to say that I dont have a baby anymore though my "baby" turned 5 today. 

Google Photos made this delightful video of Bennett from videos over his 5 years.  It made me cry...
Bennett's Five Years   *** If you have nursed a baby, did you lose the hair around your face?... obviously, I had side burns during my nursing days as is shown by the first clip.  Just count it as comic relief!

I told a couple friends the other night that the last 5 years have literally been a blur.  I know I have said time is flying, but, I seriously dont know how this baby turned 5.  I remember when Hunter turned 5... it seemed like such a big milestone.  And now, my baby is hitting that milestone.
Officially 5!!!!

I cant say he was excited about his birthday.  He has told me over the past few weeks that he didnt want his birthday to come- he liked being 4.  Last night as I was putting him to bed, I lean over and tell him, "I need my last 4 year old kiss."  He pokes out his lower lip, trying not cry.  He shakes his head no and then quickly kisses me.  I tell him "I need my last 4 year old hug."  His lower lip shakes, still trying not to cry.  He lunges to me, latches on and buries his little face into my neck.  He pulls away and a tear is running down his face... and mine.  I was fine until he cried.  He is my first kid who wasn't excited about his birthday.  His life must be pretty great! (I should add, he woke up this morning excited about his birthday and turning 5.  He is just an emotional kid.  He is the one who will cry during a movie...)

Bennett, you fit the youngest child stereotype pretty well.  I still help you get dressed in the morning and put your shoes on you though I know you can do it by yourself.  I baby you in a way that I never got the chance to do with your brothers.  You are not overly independent and really enjoy being served.  Our goal this spring is to get me to back off!  haha
Being silly at soccer practice

Your speech is getting a little better. But, I anticipate at least 3 years of speech in your future.  We have started doing the Reading Lesson together at night.  We only do one page a night but I am really proud of how well you are doing. I love the way you are starting to connect the letters into words.  I can see little lightbulbs going off!

You love dinosaurs, Bayblades, the Nintendo Switch, your Kindle, snuggling on my lap, playing with your brothers, riding your bike, Pokemon cards, coloring, writing letters, and asking a million questions. 

Your Preschool Christmas program... you were like a deer in the headlights.  So shy all of a sudden.
You are the most affectionate child.  Whether it is full on hugs or just wrestling with your brothers, you love to be loved on.  You fight a good bit with your brothers and we have to constantly remind you not to hit or just pat butts.
Oh, those boys!  

You are going to play your first season of soccer this spring and are quite excited.  I convinced you not to play last season but you really want to complicate my life... j/k... play like your brothers.
He loves me and I him!
You are a bright spot in my day and I love you so very much!

Happy birthday my little completer.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
___________________________________________________________________________
Birthday celebrations.

So, it is ridiculously cheap if I count Owen and Caelum's birthday time as Bennett's birthday time as well?  My 2 nephews both have January birthdays as well and we got to go up to their house and we do laser tag and putt putt.  So, thanks Uncle Zach and Aunt Anna for funding Bennett's party as well... haha!

Air Hockey with Esme
All taking turns on the motorcycle

Playing the Jurassic Park with Caelum
We also had book club at Jodi's house last night and sang and celebrated Bennett. 
A slew of boys... and Karson! These are our people!
He woke up this morning and at the prompting of 2 of the 3 brothers, tore into this birthday presents.
Bennett is into dinosaurs right now... so, dinosaur cake made sense along with some cupcakes.
 

His birthday loot- Beyblades, legos, and a new soccer ball.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Bennett!!! I still see you as a baby sucking on your blanket. I can't believe you are 5 either! Beyblades hurt like legos if you step on them, but my boys love them too.

    ReplyDelete