Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Our Christmas Break

Christmas break was simply amazing and productive and energizing.  I think I was feeling a bit run down with working and getting the boys where they need to be and keeping the house running and even "vacation."  This seasonal break came at the perfect time. We hung out with friends, saw tons of family, had no practices and hung out together- It was delightful.
Didnt post any pictures of my slightly decorated house but here is my 12 year old tree!!!

With the New Year on us and school starting back up, I at least feel refreshed.

The first week of the break was, as usual, packed with family get togethers.  I honestly did not take many pictures just enough to document.  

Pre Christmas get togethers with Chad's family.
Christmas Eve Eve meet up at Sandee' house


Grandma opening her gift from us.  I found, thanks to mom, these beautiful wind chimes that have the most calming sound.  Each set is handtuned to a different key- these are to E.


Selfie with 3 of the 4.

Papa Hub's newest addition- I call her Jamie- it seems everyone has there own name for her though.
At our house Christmas morning...
Present time- Moses loved his stocking!

Diggin in .
Post Christmas activities at my parent's house.
This was a bit rushed as 3 of Zach's 4 kids had fevers, coughs... they quickly opened presents and then headed home.  Thankfully, they were able to come back to down on the 29th so the kids could all hang out
Queenie looking overwhelmed!  :)
For Christmas, I focused on getting the upstairs den looking good and being a fun space for the boys.  We got a new loveseat and left the rocker up there.  As a gift, we gave the boys a big TV that we will mount in the closet.  I painted the closet the dark iron ore color to make is feel a bit more seamless.  My mom and dad got the boys a Nintendo Switch- to say they love it would be a gross understatement.  Hub and Patsy got them a bunch of the accessories and games.  Finally after 6 months, they are using the upstairs den as I had imagined! 

Closet before
Closet after paint... boys playing on new TV with the Switch.

We also revamped the workout room.  Had to move some things around but love this space now... you know it is good when Shepherd decides it is worth working out!  A mounted smart TV makes running much more appealing.

We have also been quite busy reading some really good boys- that, though, is for another post.  It has been awhile since I have done a book post, so hopefully soon....

They also got walkie talkies, books, clothes, money, and a few toys.  Thankfully, they are moving out of the toy stage.  The only toys I bought this year were 3 mid-size lego boxes!  

The second half of break was so productive.  Mom, Nolan, and I went car shopping.  No, I havent bought anything yet but maybe getting close.  I hate car shopping!  Mom and I also went furniture shopping where we nabbed a couple good deals from a furniture place that is closing.  The inside of my house is really started to feel complete.  Of course I still have many wants (new kitchen and bathroom countertops, kitchen island, but I am really content with the progress we are making.
This was in the furniture store.  Mom bought the couch and I bought the loveseat! 
The oversize chair in the back corner was one of my finds!  We all love and fight over it.  It has made this room so usable!  I actually spilled coffee on it after having it for maybe 18 hours.  Thankfully I went with this color and not the cream so it did not stain!

Moses has deemed it as his dog bed!
My dad came over and gave me 2 full days of helping me do things around the house.  We hung 3 ceiling fans, mounted TVs, medicine cabinet/ mirror, hung shelves and heavier stuff that I wasnt confident to hang.  I bought a new mattress for Hunter's room and moved his old one to Ashtons since Ash decided we didnt want to sleep on the twin top bunk.  So, we moved thing around but everyone is happy with the changes. I was able to put our old queen headboard to use again- in Hunt's room and Shepherd took Hunt's old headboard.  I will post more pics of the boys rooms soon.  I am still hunting for bedding for Ashton's room and Hunter's room.  

Chad and his dad picked up said furniture and cut down 9 trees in the yard.  So, they were also busy.  We hunkered down in the house the last couple days due to the frigid temperature! brrrr.

It is now back to the grindstone.  The boys are just doing sooo good in school.  Like they are seriously all going to be smarter than me.  This is always the hardest stretch--- it feels like the 3rd lap in a mile.  We just need to pace ourselves.  

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy  New Year and sorry that i didnt get Christmas cards out this year.  It is the first time that I missed that deadline.  I still think I may do a New Year's card... maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment