Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Hunter Bug is 12

My Dear Hunter,

Your birthday always catching me by surprise.  I don’t know if it is because it is so close to Christmas or you are sandwiched between a load of other birthdays or this year planning our Christmas get away or maybe even a bit of denial on my part… not wanting to believe that you are have aged me yet another year!  Regardless of the reason, this year was no different.  Your birthday caught me by surprise. 
I sure do love this kid.
Singing Happy Birthday!

Hunter, you are about as easy as easy can get. You have moments of frustration with your brothers, namely Ashton, when you just storm off.   But, besides that, you are petty chill. 
You are deeply troubled by the injustices of the world. 
Watching Justice League this past Sunday with the whole family... this is really all you wanted for your birthday
You are full of random facts and love to let me know every little things you learn. 

You still need time to yourself to pretend- I can relate as I was the same way.  
Loves some Clemson!
You are a pleaser- but remember that you only need to please One.  Line up with Him and you will be fine. 
You are smart and kind and brave. 
Just hanging out
You are an amazing son, awesome brother, and truly one of my best friends.  I pray for you Hunter that you are wise beyond your years, that you have discernment enveloped in grace, that you will lead when it is time, that you will trust that your way has been mapped out by our Creator who knew you before the first breath.

Birthday crackle cookies
You have done such a good job at middle school holding onto all A’s and most super high A’s.  But, more importantly, I see that God is giving you a sound radar of who to hang with and who to step back from- that is a skill that will take you so far in life.  Surround yourself with those who will build you up and build others up.  Many people say that in a year or two you will be embarrassed of me and not give me a side hug when you see me at your school, however, I cant even imagine it.  I really don’t think you will do that.  I think this is where I mention that one of your class mates thought I was your sister.  J

Stay wise kiddo.   Have a happy 12th birthday.  Enjoy this last year before you are officially a teenager.

Since we have grand plans this weekend, we decided to celebrate your birthday early.  You got a lot of grown up gifts... North Face winter jacket, boots, clothes (you loved your Big Bang Theory tshirt- rock paper scissors, spock lizard), and some other fun stuff.  I made crackle brownie cookies.  You are so content and told me over and over again not to buy you anything.  

1 comment: