Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Fall Sports Round-Up

So, working full-time plus having 3 of the 4 kids participating in sports = very little time at home!

This past fall was a whirlwind- seriously, like the first 9 weeks of school was over in a blink and we are already at the 1/2 way point for the second 9 weeks.

Football was a bust... both with Chad's team and with Hunter's 1st season of playing football.   Chad and I agreed that our boys could play football, if they wanted, in 7th grade/ middle school.  Somehow, Hunter was signed up for 6th grade/ rec ball and I was left thinking, "oh whatever."   For the record, he hated it.

Hunter's team was, well, imagine awful and then multiply it.  haha.  They did win 1 game but it was a long season.  Thankfully, my father-in- law, enjoyed taking Hunter to practice so I didn't have to endure the practices as well.  Hunt was pretty discouraged by the end of the season and has not yet decided if he will try again.  I stress to him often that it is his choice!
Hunter's team playing at the stadium- no idea which one he is.
Some blurry, camera phone action shots.  I think he is the skinny kid on the left side


I need to figure out why my phone is taking such blurry pictures... I think Hunter is right in the middle (skinny kid, blue pants, blocking)

Soccer, on the hand, went much better.  Ashton and Shepherd were apart of an inaugural Pickens United travel team.  Ashton did a great job and was a huge contributor to the team.  Shepherd improved drastically!  Everything just started clicking for him.  He doesnt have speed but he is starting to understand the game.
***Pictures are awful, as mentioned, when you coach you forget to take pictures until the last game and then still get distracted.  :(
Heading up the field
Fighting for position of the ball.
Ashton was on the U11 team and Shepherd was U9.  I don't know their records but they finished somewhere in the middle of the pack.  At the tournament a few weeks ago, Ashton's team finished 3rd and Shepherd's finished 1st. 

Shepherd running up the field (not with ball.)

Dribbling up the field
And Bennett, well he loved practices and games and ran wild.  He has requested, without ANY prompting from me as I am busy enough, that he wants to play soccer this spring.
I mean, of course he loves going to practices, Madi (on Shepherd's team) "fixes" his hair after every event!  And he Loves it and her.
We are now in basketball season with only Ashton and Shepherd playing.  Hunter has decided basketball is not his thing and is enjoying an off season.

No comments:

Post a Comment