Thursday, June 8, 2017

Washington DC or Bust

Today, I want to introduce a guest blogger.

My oldest son, Hunter, took his 5th grade trip a couple weeks ago.  I asked him if he would record his trip for the loyal readers of hasboys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 5th grade class went to Washtington DC as our 5th grade field trip.  We left from school on Wednesday at 6 in the morning and we got back Sunday at 1 in the morning.  

The trip was fun because I love history and I had got to see many parts of American history.

Wednesdsay

Our first stop was at Luray Caverns in Virginia.

We saw different rock formations in the caves.


Thursday

We passed by the Pentagon.

At Arlington we saw the tomb of the unknown solder.

These are some of the Arlington graves.

One of the memorials we visited was the FDR memorial.


Another picture of use at the FDR memorial.

FDR memorial.

We also visited the WW2 memorial.

We did not get to visit the Washington monument but it was close to the ww2 memorial. 

Me at the FDR memorial.


Friday

This a picture from the National Indian Museum 

Picture from the air and space Museum. I think it looks like the death star.

This is a picture of the Jefferson Memorial.

Picture from the National Indian Museum.

Picture of the Capital.

Picture of something and me.

Picture of a rocket at the National air and space Museum.

Austrunot suits.

Something and me again.

Me and the Wright brother.

Its a bird, its a plane....

Its a t rex.

Picture from the National history museum.

Lego statue of liberty.

 Saturday

Mount Vernon.

George Washington statue.

Lincoln memorial.

Korean war Memorial.

Another picture of the capital.

At Mount vernon we saw them sher sheep.

Me petting gaots.

George Washington.
These pictures were some of the things I thought were cool.  I took over 100 pictures but you would not want to see all of them.  I hope to go back to DC sometime.

----------------------------------------------------------------
 Thank you Hunter for that captivating blog post.  The kids finished with school last Friday, we closed on our new house Tuesday, and have been toting kids to numerous camps.  We have a packed summer.  I have many posts swimming around in my head and hope to be able to get them in between working on our fixer upper, getting kids from point A to point B, moving again, the beach, etc etc etc.

So keep checking in...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Loved the pictures Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Hunter! I particularly enjoyed the pictures of you with some other things. Looks like you had a great time in DC, and I'm sure you walked a lot!

    ReplyDelete