Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Pre- Easter Update

One time...one time is all I blogged in March.  Add that to the fact that I havent charged my camera in a over a month and have taken just a handful of pics on my phone and I feel quite guilty

A lot has been going on in Apartment B (my parents basement).  This is going to be one of those posts where I try to quickly record/ catch you up on our happenings this past month... so hold on!

First, can I say how much I appreciate a week off now that I am working again?  Seriously.  Easter Break makes me so happy!

Second, we are officially home-less as we closed on our Clover house yesterday.  We feel so fortunate that it sold so quickly (6 days on the market before we went under contract) and that we got so close to our asking price.  Just another reminder of how God's fingerprints or should I say handprints are all over this move.
Farewell Clover house! 
Third, we had to say good bye to some dear friends who are moving away just as we are coming back.  Olivia and her crew of boys move today and though I am sad to see them go; I know the Lord has orchestrated this opportunity for them and am therefore, excited!  A friendship that has lasted over a decade will continue even though distance keeps getting in the way.
A cropping of boys.
At CFA getting dinner
Had to zoom in on this two crazy boys... haha.
Forth, Chad, the boys, and I went to Clemson's spring game.  We had never been to Clemson with Chad in tow.   How horrible is that?  We normally do the Clemson scene when Chad is busy with his own football season.
Go Tigers!


Fifth, work is going well.  This job was seriously handcrafted for me and I am really enjoying it though I do miss the ease of staying at home.... notice I did not say easiness of staying at home.  But, the pace is slower as a stay at home mom.  I have yet to decorate my office as they may move me to the guidance wing next year.  But, I feel like I am getting into the swing of it again.

Sixth, can I say again how amazingly awesome my parents are!!!   They have made this transition seamless.  I dont know how we would have done it without them.  GrandmaDean has also come through by letting us crash on her while we move and allowing Chad to live with her yet again while he finishes up the school year in Clover.

Bennett and Esther. 
Just a sweet pics at GrandmaDean's house... Shelby and Riggs are totally smitten with one another.

Seventh, since we sold our house, we can now begin the process of looking for a new one.  I want to be excited about it, but buying a house is stressful.

Eight, Bennett was screened for speech and it looks like an evaluation is next.  I think he does need a little bit of intervention as he is hard to understand.  Bennett had a fever for a few days a couple weeks ago and the only one who caught it was his caretaker... Mantis.  Sorry dad!

Ninth, the boys enjoyed an Easter Egg hunt with Holly Springs Baptist (Chad's parents church.)  They got a lot of really good candy and had a blast!  Thanks Aunt Joan and Julie.  We also had an answer to prayer in that pne of Julie's friend, acknowledged his need for a Savior.  Many, many people have been praying for the Lord to open his eyes and we are so very thankful that He has.

I know I have left out sooo much but will post more over this week... I have a small "You Know You are a Mom of Boys" post almost done... I will try to post it in a couple days.

Until then, enjoy your families as you reflect on the significance of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment