Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter

Easter is probably my favorite holiday... I dont even like the word holiday to describe Easter because "holiday" doesnt do it justice.
LOVE!
Easter is about freedom.
Easter is about Jesus being found guilty of my sin.
Easter is about the sin of the entire world being placed on HIM.
Easter is about the same sin that led to Jesus' death not being strong enough to keep him in the grave. 
Easter is about Jesus beating death... beating sin.
Easter is about being connected to a Sovereign God who planned Easter before the beginning of time.
Easter is my pardon.

We had a busy few days preparing for Easter.  Chad and I were asked by some of his work friends to go to the Passion Concert in Georgia on Good Friday.  We went back in 2012 and had a nice time so decided to do it again.  The actual "concert" was average... great song selection, just really loud (I sound like an old lady).  Louise Giglio, who we have really enjoyed in the past, left us a little disappointed in his Easter message.  However, it was nice to get away for a night.  Hub and Patsy kept the boys and took them to the movies and kept them quite entertained... thank you!

Cruising down the highway.

The highlight of the trip was eating at The Dwarf House which had an all you can eat CFA buffet.... I chose to go for chicken and waffles... I mean, come on, look at the CFA logo on the waffle.  It was so good!
Nolan was able to come down (with Riggs) to celebrate as well.  (Zach and his crew were with Anna's family).  It is always good to see Uncle and Riggsy.  We dyed some eggs and then had an egg hunt with prizes in eggs and prized eggs!
My family.  Moses nailed this picture!  Love this dog and these people!

My men
Dying the eggs.

Chad's mom leads the choir at their church and they had an Easter cantata and asked if we could come.  The church did a great job and I know Jesus was in our midst.  We then had Easter lunch at the Building and hid Easter eggs with some prized eggs.
The praise team
PapaHub was an angel for the performance!  Had to record this!

Grandma with her grandbabies

The cousin picture
This picture cracks me up and I hope my sister in law doesnt hate me for posting it!  So awkward! 
One year ago today, we were celebrating their wedding.  Johnny and his sweet wife, Rebecca 1 year and going strong

The hunt is on.
Julie and Joey girl on the egg hunt.
It was a wonderful weekend full of family and Jesus.  Thanks for my parents and Chad's parents for loving on my kids and us.

He is Risen Indeed!  

1 comment:

  1. Your family pictures are soooo good! I'm glad you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete