Sunday, February 26, 2017

Basketball Season is in the Books

With the move, new jobs, and 3 kids playing bball in 3 different locations, this winter has been a blur.

The older 3 all played basketball again this winter.  For the first time, they were all some of the oldest in each of their age groups.  I am glad I kept Hunter and Ashton in their respective age group.  Looking back, I might should have moved big ol' Sheppy up.  I guess it was a good confidence boost, but he dominated his little league.

Unfortunately, our move prohibited the boys from finishing their seasons.  I really hated it especially for Ashton's team as he is their clutch player. The little dude can play.  Some of the black parents call him Silk because of his hair and his moves.  He and his buddy DeAngelo were quite an effective pair on the court. Shepherd's team doesnt have playoffs so he only missed the last game.  Hunter, well, Hunter is not what you would call a basketball Jones.  haha.  He has fun out there and is a pretty good defender, just dont ask him to take a shot.

Here some pics to sum up the season.

Shepherd - I think he had 90% of the rebounds, 90% of the points, and 90% of the steals for his team.  His team was not overly good, I think they won 3 of 8 games.
Receiving the ball from his friend.

Getting ready to play defense

Ashton- He had a great year.  Scored the majority of the points.  The games he didnt score a lot, he was the highest with assists.  Even though he is small, he also is a good rebounder and is quick!  Ashton's team finished the regular season in 2nd place.
Free throw (he made it)

Break away

Long shot (Ash is on the right, the ball is in the top middle of the picture)  I think he missed it though.

All of his pics are blurry.
 Hunter-  As I said, at this point, basketball is not Hunt's best sport.  I can probably take the blame for that because though I look like I would be a great basketball player, I was pretty bad.  haha.  However, his height is definitely his advantage out there.  Now, if we could just get him to jump!  He is not sure if he is going to play again next year or not.  It is definitely not his passion.  His team finished somewhere in the middle of the pack.
Nice block (he is black)

#8 getting ready to rebound
 Bennett-  He told me today, "I dont like basketball or football."  haha- I think he is has seen too much of both recently.  So, what does Bennett do during the games... plays with my phone.
After Ashton's game... waiting on Hunter's to start

Love this series of pics he took of himself.  haha.  And I seriously do not remember even talking during this game much less yelling. hmmmm.
I must say that I am glad basketball is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment