Wednesday, January 25, 2017

BBS is 4

When I look back on the last 4 years, the best word I can use is whirlwind.
Gives me a sweet picture...

... then licks my face
My Bennett.  This boy is the typical baby of the family.  I really do try not to baby him but man, it sure is hard.  Lately he has been wanting me to hold him when we are out and about.  He knows I am a sucker for his pouty lips and will normally throw him on my hip.  I cant help but think about Hunter when he was 4 though.  When Hunter turned 4, he had a 2 year old brother and a 1 month old brother... there was no hip- holding Hunter.  But, Bennett, is just the baby... and he will always be.
Ready for church.
He is not only babied by me, but his brothers as well.  Though Ash and Shep annoy the hound out of Bennett and he annoys them, they would literally take a punch to see him safe.  Hunter totes him and dotes on him... it really is ridiculous.  And then Chad is no better.  He went to give Bennett a pop on the backside the other day for flat out disobeying and guys, I kid you not, it was like a love tap.  The kid is spoiled.
Ashton and Shepherd bothering him during his picture

Hunter is always there to lend a hand

I have told him that when he turns 4, then blankie will be put up (because he sucks on it and it is messing up his teeth.)  But, now that the time is here- I am afraid I am going to weinie out. I have justified it by saying we have so many big changes coming up in the next couple months but in reality I would have caved regardless.  That being said, blankie will be put up during the day... period (I think--- haha.)  I also take it out of his mouth when I go to bed and put it under his covers or under a pillow.
I mean, how can I take this from him?

You guys know I am honest to the core.  So far, Bennett is not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to school stuff.  hahaha.  All you sweet mothers out there gasp.  I have a mini school lesson with him every day and it is not coming quite as easy to him as his brothers... yes, I know he is only 4 (Sigh) but sometimes I just look at him like, really?!?! However, if you want directions to our house when you are in Clover, he can probably get you home.  It takes all kinds. I do think he is on the verge of it all clicking into place.  He is counting much better and is doing pretty good with the letter sounds.
Good friends.
He is such a sweet kid.  He tells me at least 5 times a day that he wuvs me wo much.  He then requests a hug, a kiss, and a nuzzie (and if I am really lucky, he will then fart on me and laugh.)  Boys.

He still loves Paw Patrol and recently is enjoying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  He and his brothers love to play Minecraft together on their Kindles.  He loves Moses but really loves GrandmaDean's cat, Esther.
Bennett loves Esther and she is so sweet to him. 

Day adventures with Mosie
My Bennett is truly growing up too fast.  He doesnt act like a 4 year old.  He talks the lingo of a 3rd graders thankfully you cant understand all he says.

Ninja turtle action

A funny story about Bennett's speech.... while eating lunch with Shepherd at school. the principal came up to the table and asked Bennett a question.  Bennett responded but the principal didnt understand him so he looked to me.  I had Bennett repeat it.  Horrified, I masked my face, and LIED to the principal and said I didnt understand either.  Bennett then repeated it twice.  Guys, I guess the principal asked where something or someone was.  B responded with "up my butt and around the corner."  Thank God his speech is not clear.  I could have died.

Bennett is the friendliest of my crew followed closely by Ashton.  He will talk to almost anyone.  If he doenst like or agree with what you are saying then he blinks his eyes at you repeatedly.  It is hysterical.
Come on!  Love my turtles.
Bennett Brady, you are created in the image of God.  You are the bookend to a family that loves Jesus.  I hope that as you grow this year that you start to feel His presence.  Though your little brain doesnt quite understand how Jesus is a better superhero than Batman (Hunter is appalled by this), I pray God begins to reveal Himself to you.  You are so loved by not only your family, but more importantly by the Jesus.

Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.  Proverbs 4:23

Happy 4th Birthday my peanut butt,
~Mom
Play time
What we did on his bday....
Bennett and I have weekly trips to GrandmaDeans house to hang out.  We went yesterday but also went today as GrandmaDean and I are stripping wallpaper in her kitchen.  Bennett loves going over there, but today he was ready to get his brothers since we were going to play Putt Putt and play in the arcade.  We then had dinner at CFA and then came home for cake and presents.  He said he it was wo fun.
He requested a ninja turtle cake. 

Bowing out his candles
Singing happy birthday


Opening presents. 


Estimated stats
Weight- around 31ish (such a light weight)
Height- 39.5"
Clothes- 4T
Shoes- 10 (such a smaller foot than the other three at this age)


1 comment:

  1. Oh Bennett, you will learn that your Aunt Anna is the worst at birthdays. However, this year I have a legitimate excuse as three of your cousins had strep this week and we have been in a black hole of sickness. Anyway, sorry I didn't call, but we love you sooooo much! Looks like you had a fun birthday. And babies of the family are the best!

    ReplyDelete