Saturday, May 21, 2016

Shep's Half

This past week, Shepherd officially hit 6 1/2.  Shepherd continues to be the sound of laughter  mixed the wailing of pain.  If he and one of his brothers gets into an altercation, Shepherd will sound like he is dying by the end of it.  However, he can get slammed in the face with a soccer ball or trip and fall and bleed and barely make a sound.
I know I just posted this picture, but I love it.

He is goofy funny and appreciates slap stick comedy (of which I have very little tolerance.)  His two favorite shows right now are Pokemon (which I hate) and Uncle Grandpa (which I almost hate).
With our differences in TV programs though, he really is much more my child than Chads.  Chad is very perplexed by the way Shepherd thinks- slightly abstract.  Shepherd beats to his own drummer, to his own time.

Again a duplicate, but this sums up Shepherd's joy (his lip is pretty much pouring blood (I had to edit it to get some of the blood off his lip) and he is goofy smiling)
He loves to draw, color, paint, and write and goes through pages and pages every day making his masterpieces.  My dining room table is normally in a state of disarray from Shepherd's artwork.
My dining table right at this moment. 

He still really enjoys soccer and is getting much better. He is playing U8 this season and has scored a goal and had a really good season.  Because I coach all their teams, I dont have any pics of them, but I am super proud of the way he has played considering he could still be playing U6.

Kindergarten has been a breeze for him.  I had to ask his teacher to send harder homework for him.  So, he was doing 1st grade work and doing it with ease.  He reads really well--- not sure of the level.  He will often read his Bible story to Bennett and me at night.  At night, he (and Bennett) still demand that I give them rapid fire kisses when I put them to bed.

Shep continues to be my happy spot.  Even when in his foulest mood, he will get tickled over the smallest thing.  I love that he laughs with such abandonment.

For our date today, he chose.... Chuck E Cheese... again.   This time, I even got to eat there.  : /  One day, he will outgrow it.... one day he will outgrow it... one day he will outgrow it.  He was really sweet though, he used his tickets to buy his brothers little presents.  He also went to Target and picked out this Star Wars head to paint (you can see it sitting on the dining table picture).


Shepherd, my super surprise baby.  You are like hugging a bear cub (I have never actually hugged a bear cub, but I imagine hugging you is similar).  I love the way you can diffuse situations with your smile.  Parents of your friends always tell me how their kids come home talking about "the funny thing Shepherd did today."  Life should be fun.  Keep your since of humor all the while knowing when to "be on your guard, stand firm in the faith; be courageous, be strong." I Corithians 16:13

I love you is an understatement.
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I do love She-poop - a name he acquired from me when he calls me "weenie" for fun! Shep's humor and infectious smile is his trademark - he's one of those that has no idea he is as humorous as he is....I love how he loves to come to my house! If we could only "preserve" him right where he is......

    ReplyDelete