Monday, October 26, 2015

Eight and Great

SmAsh Mouth is 8!  I was reading to him and saying his prayers with him last night, and it hit me.  Sure, I knew his birthday was coming, I have all his presents ready, cake made, etc; but it just really hit me that he is waking up as an 8 year old come morning.
My 8 year old!
FLASHBACK- Ashton and me when he was 9 months. 

There is so much to say about Ashton.
He is so athletic.  Sports, both playing and understanding, come second nature to him.
He is so smart.  I always thought sports was going to be his thing within our family until he got to 1st grade and I realized that he is really smart.
He is so competitive.  I know I have said this before, but unless you know Ashton; you can fully appreciate his competitive streak.
He is a total pest.  He is has the innate ability to find that one thing that will drive you bonkers and then dig in over and over and over again.  I have personally seem irritate someone as young as 9 months old to someone as old 70 something.  It truly is a gift.
He is so cute.  I mean, come on... that blonde hair, blue-gray eyes, and infectious laugh.
He is a magnet.  Hunter's friends love Ashton, Shepherd's friends love Ashton, and then of course, his age group loves him.  He manages to attract people even when standing apart and daring to do the right thing.
He loves Jesus.  Even in moments where he messes up, you can see the Holy Spirit working it out in Him.  As a parent, that is one of the biggest blessings... seeing God work in his life.

Ashton,
You are so emotional and dramatic in all facets of your life, sometimes I feel ill-equipped in knowing how to harness all that passion and drive you have.  Know this, you are great!  You are going to be great!  I truly see the "finger prints of God" all over you.
I beg of you to stay humble.  We all have areas that can easily be our downfall and though I dont know for sure what yours is and do know that pride is at the center of most (if not all) of those downfalls so be alert.  God has gifted you tremendously but He will expect much of you as well.

Opening his presents
Opening his card/ money from Aunt Joan.
Probably his favorite present.  Madden for the wii



His presents- Madden Wii game, croquet set, soccer bungee, Alabama shirt (wearing),  reading lamp for top bunk, soccer ball (from Queenie and Mantis, along with cash  and a Wii game), money from GrandmaDean and Aunt Joan, and a gift on the way from the PapaHub and Grandma.  

Some of his faves
Team- Alabama, Clemson, U of Florida
Food- Chicken n dumplings, chips n cheese (nachos), spaghetti
Sport- football watching, soccer playing
Color- blue
TV show- doesnt really watch tv (probably a football game holds his attention the longest)
Game- Madden on the xbox or wii




Weight- 48 lbs
Height-50"
Shoe size- 2.5 or 3
Clothes size- Shirt 7/8 (M).  Pants 7 slim
Singing Happy Birthday

Blowing out the candles on his brownies (we had birthday cupcakes after his soccer game on Saturday)
Below is the chorus to a song that I want to be an anthem for you (and your brothers).  Fix your eyes on Him and everything else will fall into place.   Link to song 
Chorus to Fix My Eyes on You (by for King and Country)
Love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on You

Happy Birthday Ashton!  I love you so much!  Fix your eyes upward!

PS- Ashton also lost his first top tooth late on the 24th.  So, the tooth fairy didnt come until his birthday.  Here was his letter and his sweet toothless smile.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Ash Smash Pud'n Pash - my forever memory of you was when you were living with us, you were 2 and we would sit on the back porch and sing Dixie.....you were my boy.....if only for awhile!
    Your mama is right and Grandpa Gordie would tell you the same thing - Be Humble cause you have done nothing to deserve what you have been blessed with....simply gifts from above!

    ReplyDelete