Thursday, May 31, 2018

End of Year Happenings

This spring has a lot of fun.  All 4 boys played soccer- Bennett for the first time and Hunter went back to it after taking over a year off.   We are officially done with school tomorrow.  All 4 boys had their awards days and all 4 had great years academically and socially.

Shepherd and Ashton played on United again, Shep in U8, Ashton in U10.  Shepherd got sooo much better this year.  He scored a handful of goals and just had a better sense of how to move on the field.  Ashton continued to be a rock-star out there.  This league is perfect skill-wise for Shep.  I do wish I could push Ashton a step up. ( Also, this travel stuff is expensive... and not just expensive but over-priced.  I dont mind paying for something that is worth but sometimes I question if we are getting our moneys worth.)  But, the only option for that is Hunter's league out of Dacusville and I didnt love it.  It is fine for Hunter since he is only a year away from playing middle school soccer, but I wouldnt want Ash or Shep playing for them.  Bennett's season was an absolute hot mess.  He was the youngest and smallest and was pretty indifferent to the whole thing.  There was zero positioning and no max for the number of kids that could play at a time.  I just bit my lip and took deep breaths.

Hunter playing some defense.

Bennett, on the ground, fell while trying to get the ball... at least he mad effort.

Shepherd, tall kid in black, scores a goal! 

And, I am a horrible failure of a mom because I didnt get a picture of Ashton playing this year.  It might be because he only had 7 games but whose counting. (
Bennett's first trophy
Hunter's banquet


Chad and I went to prom this year.  It was pretty uneventful.  This prom didnt even have cake.  I mean, come on! 





 Hunter

Hunter earned all A's this year.  I am super proud of him.  I dont think he necessarily worked super hard to earn this but he did what he needed to do.  He was right on the borderline couple times in ELA but kept it up!  I am very proud of him and the year he had.  He had a team of great teachers.  Because his school is actually one of my schools, I got to see him a good deal and formed relationships with the facutly (which always helps)

Hunter took chorus this year.  He is in the middle in blue.
Hunter, Michael, and Landon.  These guys have become some good friends this year

Hunter receiving his all A's award
 Ashton
I got to go on Ashton's 4th grade field trip.  They went to a sports/ team building center.  It was fun.  Ashton's class was an intense one this year.  He also maintained all A's and did absolutely no work.  I hope next year is a bit more challenging for him and he will actually have to work a little to earn his grades. 

Regardless, Ashton, in the course of 1 year, became a leader not only in his class but the school.  He is a social butterfly and competitive as ever.  He has become very good at chess this year thanks to his GT class.  For him, being pulled out once a week for GT was a saving grace for the chaos.  He loved Wednesdays.  I couldnt take many pictures of kids in class because his school receives kids from childrens homes.
Ashton is the left corner in blue 

My buddy on the bus
All A's group.... he also received the "Marvelous Mathematician" for his class.  His teacher said that after testing, he was doing long division for fun on his scratch paper.  
This lady here!  Man, we love Aunt Joan.  She picks the boys up every Tues and Wed.  She was the stand-in grandparent for Awards day for the boys.  (Sami is pictured too since her mom couldnt come as she is out of town) 
Proud of these 2 middles of mine!


Shepherd
And, I also got to go on Shep's field trip.  The boy beside him and behind him are 2 of his good friends this year. 

Silly all the time- the refused to take a serious picture

Shep and me at Table Rock


Dumb phone camera wouldnt focus fast enough... Receiving the best reader award for his class.

 Bennett
He graduated from preschool... and refused to sing.
Bennett with his sweet teachers.  He had such a great experience at Preschool at Holly Springs

His good buddy.  Bennett is small, Choice is big.  haha

And again, Aunt Joan is here!  We love her!
IT IS SUMMER!!!!!!

After Bennett's program.  These boys are so smart and just good kids.  Be brave my boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment