Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Kings of New York... or Charlotte

First, you must understand my family's obsession with the 1992 movie, Newsies.  And by family, I  mean, my brothers, my mom, and myself.  We have watched the movie a ridiculously number of times.  Zach and Nolan can do many of the dances.  We are obsessed.

So, when we heard that the Broadway Performance of Newsies was going to be in Charlotte, it was a no-brainer that we would be there. 

The performance was this past Sunday.  My kids and Zach's kids were given the choice to go.  Queenie would pay $50 of the ticket and they would have to pay the remaining $30.  Hunter and Owen were the only ones who decided it was worth $30.  Chad also decided that he did not want to pay $80 to go so, he had the great privilege (haha) to watch Ashton, Shepherd, Caelum, and Bennett.  He did a great job and got them all in bed.  GrandmaDean also opted out so she had Esme.

The group that went was Mantis, Queenie, Zach, Anna, Owen, Nolan, Aunt Christy (mom's sister), Hunter, and me.  We had the best time.  We ate at a great Italian place in the heart of Charlotte and then had a short little walk to the play.


Hunter Owen, Mantis, Aunt Christy, and Mom (chessing it while holding up the program less anyone forget where we are)

Nolan, Zach, and Anna

Hunter and his cousin, Owen.



Selfie.

The singing and dancing was great.  The storyline had a couple changes to it that we didnt really appreciate, but overall had a great evening.

I also had my new dryer delivered, dad and I installed my new light/ ceiling fan for our den, dad got a big ol cabinet put into our garage as well as hung Ashton's corn hole boards in the garage.  So, thanks dad for always jumping in and doing my little projects.

And, if you have never seen Newsies... you must.  It is the movie that made my little 10 year old heart fall in love with Christian Bale.  All I can think of when I see one of the new Batman movies and hear him his gruff Batman voice is, "ah Jack Kelly" (the lead character in Newsies.)  Go watch it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Loved this day! Thanks for counting it as deserving of a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it. I hope it's on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Liv - not on Netflix.....if you are serious abut becoming a Newsie, I've got a sacred copy you can borrow!

    ReplyDelete